CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

How Did This All Started :: Miscellaneous Wednesday

I started blogging a while back not knowing what blogging was all about ...

At the time, I just wanted to have a journal that I could share with family and friends.
I started with Window Live. I had it looking cool and all ... I had up-loaded pictures and videos, wrote a few posts ...
But it wasn't much fun to do all that work and have no follow-up, no feedback, no interaction ...
Then, I got a Mac and well ... it turned out that Window Live wasn't compatible with my new laptop ... Of course !!!
I quickly lost interest.
In addition, I'm not much of a writer. You see, I have all those thoughts bottled-up in my head but when it's time to put them in writing, all goes blank ...
So, needless to say that I gave it up :-(

Then, MySpace came along and Hi5 ...
I tried those social networks but plain didn't like them, specially MySpace !!!

I kept checking things out on the world While Web ... and came to realize that what I really wanted was not only write a journal (which I'm still not able to do, at least regularly) ... What I was ultimately looking for by sharing those thoughts (if I could ever put then down in writing) is to SOCIALIZE, INTERACT, ...
But how to d just that ???

And along came the movie "Julie & Julia": the answer to my question ... BLOGGING !!! Because really, beside the homage to Julia Child, it was all about blogging, wasn't it ???

It took me a while before I jumped in and got started ... I was a little overwhelmed by everything surrounding "blogging" !!! I felt like: oh boy, oh boy, did I open a can of worms or what ???
I mean, GEE !!! Can it be more complex or what ???
- Choose a platform: Blogger, WordPress, ...
- Choose a blog design ...
- Choose a niche ...
A niche ??? But wait, it was supposed to only be a simple journal writing and sharing !!! A niche ??? Why would I need one ???
All went up in the air into a big tornado of Q & A, information, confusion ...

When it finally passed and everything settled, I was left with 2 blogs, 1 Twitter account, not enough time, a mind overflowing with thoughts that I still couldn't really put in writing, ...
A MESS !!!

But this time, I wasn't about to give up because ... Well !!! I was ADDICTED !!! ... Yes, as contradicting as it sounds, I AM HOOKED !!!
I still need to learn how to get those darn thoughts in writing though :-/

How did you get started ???
Why do you blog ???


.

2 comments:

  1. I came to visit because you visited my site (so thank you) and stayed because I love what you're writing. I started blogging because I felt compelled to teach Photoshop which I absolutely LOVE and because I could get my own site for free (and I do love that word)...so now I write a blog because I love teaching, I love the blog community thing (Blogfrog and SITSters) and the scrapbooking world, too. So that's my story in a tiny nutshell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog!!
    You don't need a niche. People just say that after blogs got commercial. But as far as I know blogging started as journals. And I really like personal journal-like blogs, like yours. I started blogging some year ago, on Xanga, and after many platform tests I'm now on Wordpress.org and love it. I write about what's going on in my life, and the last few months quite much about learning to live with a chronic disease, but about all sorts of things really. Just write about what you want, and don't care about what people "might" want to read. I think most blogs with a "niche" are quite boring. I like to get a peek into people's lives, read about daily struggles and frustrations, etc.

    ReplyDelete